Monday, March 8, 2010

He's 5? Really?

Seems like just yesterday that I found the stick with two pink lines and I started crying and didn't stop until my boyfriend of 6 months came home.

The Loud One turned 5 on the 28th. He is distancing from me, already? A couple of weeks before his birthday, he didn't want to go grocery shopping with me. Seriously, I can't go get the mail without him running for his shoes. So, Gracie and I went alone. Daddy couldn't come to the Chuck E Cheese party on the 27th so we stayed with cousin Sir-Breaks-A-Lot the night before as a sleepover. Now, we've done this Chuck E thing since they were 3, and I was dreading being Mommy alone with both of them. He didn't even want to be around me, it was him and Sir-Breaks-A-Lot all day. If I got near him, he tried to dart away as if my presence would ruin his big boy fun (except when he needed tokens). I have to admit, it was nice only dealing with one whiner at a time, but where was my boy? We were BFF, we have a handshake, a fist bump and we like to snuggle back to back.

The next day was his birthday and we were going to CiCi's (we really don't usually eat this much pizza) and he didn't even want me to go. He said he wanted to hang out with his Daddy and sister on his birthday. Poor Mommy, but I love a buffet so I went anyway. Haha, and I made Daddy take them to the arcade room. I know he wasn't trying to hurt my feelings, but, wow. It was all so sudden, I had visions of him going to Kindergarten, graduating high school, moving to college and getting married.....

The next night he was up with a cold. Who did he want? Yep, Mommy. We snuggled in the chair with a blanket, a snack and our DVR. As he was about to fall asleep, he said, "Mommy, you make my life happy." I smiled, but in my head I said, "Oh, yeah? Then why couldn't I hang out with you at Chuck E Cheese? You didn't even want me to go to CiCi's, you should wake up your Daddy.....wait, haha, I'm back in! Triumph, Mommy!!!"

You make my life happy too, bud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment